Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Rough Estimate

Questioned a box of crayons just to find the color of your eyes
wishing for a paint by number to ensure I had the right color.
So give me some time to mix 3 and 2 or maybe 1 and 1 
because just one color being the exact
 match doesn't make sense to me. 
Or maybe its that I've never seen
 eyes such as yours before,
 I'm sorry for staring.

Your eyes. 
Periwinkle?
Or maybe pale blue yonder.
Almost as if I can see through them
but still to shy to let me look a little longer.  

Moderate use of pink, yellow, purple, orange or black.
I only need them for slight shading or reflection of the sun. 
Tell me about the story of your favorite sweater.
 How it anxiously brings more study to your eyes. 
And I'm still trying to figure out
 how that small sliver of opposite 
color came to be
 but I regard it. 

Oh to find the right color of your eyes when wearing that sweater.

                                           












7 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say. I just liked this a lot a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was sweet, I like it a lot! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Well done, there are some people in this world who observe and sometime stare. I also wonder about this sometimes, It makes you think. Great post.

      Delete
  4. I'm speechless and in incredible admiration of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your writing style. its refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this It was so cute.... :)

    ReplyDelete